Next course: May 23-27, 2022
In this course:
You will learn how honey is produced by bees and by beekeepers and all the hidden dangers honey production encounters.
You will test how sensitive your senses are and will improve your sensory discrimination capability.
You will taste more than 15 varieties of selected high-quality Italian honey, and be trained to recognize defects in honey.
You will learn to detect the flavor profiles of honeys.
You will experience being a judge in a mock honey competition.
Honeys tasted will include (but are not limited to):
- Citrus (Citrus spp.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)
- False acacia (Robinia pseudoacacia)
- French honeysuckle (Hedysarum coronarium)
- Gum tree (Eucalyptus spp.)
- Honeydew honeys
- Lime (Tilia spp.)
- Rape (Brassica napus)
- Rhododendron (Rhododendron spp.)
- Strawberry tree (Arbutus unedo)
- Sunflower (Helianthus annus)
- Sweet chestnut (Castanea sativa)
- Thistle (Galactites tomentosa)
- Thyme (Thymus capitatus)
Participants are invited to bring their own honey to taste during the course.
Anybody can attend the course. The course is 30 hours in length.
PROGRAM: for a detailed program see here.
TIME: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
LOCATION: Bologna city center – Portici Academy – Via Zamboni, 2 – https://porticiacademy.it/.
INSTRUCTORS: Raffaele Dall’Olio, Gian Luigi Marcazzan, Lucia Piana, Andrea Tibaldi
NOTE: In order to obtain the certificate of attendance accredited by the Italian “National Register of Experts in the Sensory Analysis of Honey” you need to follow the entire course. People who attend only part of the course will receive a certificate of presence.
FOR CLASS ENROLMENT click here
Would you like to be kept up-to-date on pre-registration openings, future courses, and events? Click here.
Click on the line for more information:
- About the courses
- Introduction course to honey sensory analysis
- Advanced class
- Other events/partnership
- What they say of us!
- The Italian National Register of Experts in the Honey Sensory Analysis